Suman Nalluri, MD, MPH
Stroke, Interventional and Critical Care Neurologist
Stroke Medical Director, Northeast Baptist Hospital
- Fellowship: Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology - Texas Stroke Institute, Plano, Texas
- Fellowship: Neurocritical Care - Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Residency: Neurology and Chief Residency - Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois
- Internship: Internal Medicine - Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois
- Master of Public Health: Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Georgia
- Bachelor Degrees: Medicine and Surgery, Gunter Medical College, Guntur, Andra Pradesh
- Doctorate of Medicine: Guntur Medical College, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
About the Provider:
Suman Nalluri, MD, is board certified in both interventional neurology and neurocritical care. As a neurointerventional surgeon, he is skilled in the treatment of stroke, intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations of the brain, and steno occlusive disease of the cervical and intracranial vasculature.
Prior to accepting the role of Stroke Medical Director for Northeast Baptist Hospital, Dr. Nalluri served as Stroke Medical Director and Neurointerventionalist with Centra Health at Centra Lynchburg General Hospital in Virginia.
With the constant mission to minimize the impact of neurological diseases and improve quality of life for every patient, Dr. Nalluri strongly believes in treating patients as he would his own family members.
Much of any free time he has is spent with family and friends, playing cricket or chess, and traveling.
Society of Vascular Interventional Neurology
American Academy of Neurology
- Embolization of brain aneurysms
- Endovascular treatment of cerebral vasospasm
- Embolization of arteriovenous malformations of the brain, face and spinal cord
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy for tumors of the eye, brain and spine
- Angioplasty and stenting in the neurovasculature
- Venous sinus stenting for Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Mechanical thrombectomy for treatment of acute ischemic stroke
- Diagnostic cerebral angiography
- Endovascular pre-surgical tumor embolization